10 things you DON'T NEED TO KNOW...
1. I hate horror movies (and I don't use the word hate..like ever).
2. I've had 4 kiddos in the last 9 years.
3. I dislike the feel of dry sand on my feet - but I LOVE the beach.
4. We live on a farmette with 31 chickens, 6 cats, and a neglected
5. I've moved 14 times in the last 14 years.
6. I was born in the 80's without my left arm but I can type 100 WPM.
7. I have my Masters in Education.
8. I panic when I see someone walking with a toothbrush in their
9. I won a jump rope contest in the 1st grade.
10. I've traveled to 36 states and 12 countries.
11. My excitement leads me to have a tendency to overuse exclamation marks and smiley/winky faces - unfortunately my husband thinks I'm either constantly yelling at him or telling him we're ready for kid #5 ;)!!!
TOGRAFY'S back story...
So yeah....now that you know I'm a little bit weird and quirky I thought I would take a moment to give you a little more background into my journey as a photography education coach and business manager.
I have been walking around with a camera in my hand since my parents could remember. I explored and captured life in the 80's and 90's with my pink Polaroid swinging from my neck (no judgement now - remember, I'm a child of the 80's people ;)), harassing everything around me for a photo.
Fast forward (through all the awkward 90's hair and makeup) to my college days when I started photographing for my university yearbook and newspaper, ran in a few photography contests, and bombarded my then future husband with a barrage of never-ending "click - run and freeze" photo-shoots. All of this, which eventually led to me starting my professional photography business in 2007.
However, like every good "momtographer" story you end up with a pivot when your first child is born. Ironically for me, while most people are pivoting INTO photography at this point in their lives - I pivoted OUT of professional photography and INTO photography management.
So for the last 10 years, I have worked solely word-of-mouth for photographers, taking on complete overhauls of their businesses in order to automate, re-brand, re-organize, and ultimately "fix" all of their neglected issues and support them in reaching their client management goals. I guess as they say, the rest is history. After a decade of working solely one-on-one with photographers, I was ready to open my online shop. Now my workflows, education, and business tools are available so that EVERY photographer can organize their business and get back to what they love - PURE PHOTOGRAPHY.
I wanted to take a second to introduce our family =). You won't be seeing much of our kiddos come through, my husband and I try to keep them fairly protected and offline. But here we are a couple of years ago when our littlest guy was just born.
(Unfortunately due to COVID-19 our family photos have been postponed from the spring - so here's an oldie from about 2 years ago!)